Welcome to the Democratic Party of Loudoun County,
We are a diverse group of people with as many reasons for being involved as there are people in the community. We have young democrats who want to make a positive contribution to their futures and their families’ futures. Some members are from families that have always been active Democrats. We also have members who, due to recent shifts in the other major Party, have joined us with an enthusiasm that astonishes longstanding members.
The principle that drives the Democratic Party is the original motto of the United States: E pluribus unum. Out of many, we are one.
Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict. Unity is better than division. Empowerment is better than resentment. Bridges are better than walls.
It’s a simple but powerful idea: we are stronger together.
We are stronger when:
- We have an economy that works for everyone.
- Race stops playing a significant role in determining who gets ahead
in America and who gets left behind. We must face that reality and we
must fix it.
- A good education is a basic right of all Americans, no matter what zip code they live in.
- Americans balance work and family without fear of punishment or penalty.
- Greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior on Wall Street are brought to an end.
- We protect the rights of our citizens to vote, not the rights of corporations and billionaires to buy elections.
- Climate change is under control and the real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and the future of our children is eliminated.
Democrats are the party of inclusion. We know that diversity is not our problem—it is our promise. As Democrats, we respect differences of perspective and belief and pledge to work together to move this country forward, even when we disagree. We do not merely seek common ground—we strive to reach higher ground.